122 The Five Roles of a Master Herder: A Revolutionary Model for Socially Intelligent Leadership with Linda Kohanov
Linda is an author, speaker, riding instructor and horse trainer who has become an internationally-recognized innovator in the field of Equine Experiential Learning and a respected writer on the subject of Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy. Her book The Tao of Equus: A Woman’s Journey of Healing and Transformation through the Way of the Horse was selected as one of the Top Ten Religion and Spirituality books of 2001 by Amazon.com.
Her second book, Riding between the Worlds: Expanding Our Potential through the Way of the Horse, was published in 2003.
Both books have been used as texts in university courses across the country and have received appreciative reviews in publications as diverse as Horse and Rider, Natural Horse, IONS Noetic Sciences Review, Shift, Spirituality and Health, Animal Wellness, The Equestrian News and Strides (the magazine published by the North American Riding for the Handicapped Association).
Among her numerous lectures throughout the U.S. and Canada, she was a presenter at the 2001 NARHA conference and was the keynote speaker at the 2003 NARHA conference. She was also a featured presenter at the 2004 International Transpersonal Conference.
- The Tao of Equus: A Woman’s Journey of Healing and Transformation through the Way of the Horse (2001)
- Riding between the Worlds: Expanding Our Potential through the Way of the Horse (2003)
- Way of the Horse: Equine Archetypes for Self-Discovery - A Book of Exploration and 40 Cards (2007)
- The Power of the Herd: Building Social Intelligence, Visionary Leadership, and Authentic Community through the Way of the Horse (2013)
- The Five Roles of a Master Herder: A Revolutionary Model for Socially Intelligent Leadership (2016)
She has also been published in many equestrian magazines and other articles such as IONS Noetic Sciences Review and Shift.